These days, we do SO much on our computers. If you’re busy and not the most organized person in the world, it’s probably true that you have some trouble keeping your desktop clean and organized. When we get caught up in the hustle and bustle of every day life, we forget to clean up our desktops, and they become littered with unnecessary icons, old documents, tons of photos, and all types of folders.
Cleaning up your desktop might be the last thing on your mind, and we don’t blame you if this task is not high on your priority list. But one thing to keep in mind is that an organized desktop can actually help skyrocket your productivity, so read on for our top tips and for a special freebie that will help you master your desktop organization even further!
Tips for Effective Desktop Organization
- Delete (or move to another folder) every desktop icon you don’t use on a regular basis.
- Limit the number of web browser tabs you have open at once and use the bookmark feature to organize sites you want to revisit later.
- Choose a wallpaper that doesn’t camouflage desktop icons and is visually pleasing.
- Create a consistent file structure and use folders to your advantage for optimal organization and ease of access.
- Once your initial clean up is complete, be sure to do a quick and regular sweep of your computer desktop so things don’t get out of hand again.
In addition to these tips, we invite you to take advantage of this FREE desktop saver that can help you keep things organized while creating an aesthetically pleasing and productivity inspiring desktop.
When your computer desktop is cluttered, you’ll inevitably spend more time searching for documents and locating the items you need. This can not only slow down your workflow, but can become increasingly overwhelming and leave you uninspired to get any work done. We hope these tips and the desktop saver freebie linked above are helpful to you. Get started with the decluttering process now!
Looking for more resources on ways to streamline your systems and organize your processes? CTM is your one-stop-shop for all things business improvement, including branding, social media, marketing, content writing, and so much more. Schedule a strategy session to learn more about all the ways we can help you.
Still have questions about cleaning up your desktop, or anything else?……..
Reach out by replying to this email or DM us on any of our social media platforms. A member of our team will be happy to answer your questions.
Thanks for reading!
Christian Taylor Marketing